What are Emulsified Sugar Scrub?
Emulsified sugar scrubs are used to exfoliate the body. It is used to remove dead skin cells, unclog your pores to help prevent bacteria, sweat, and dirt from causing body acne. Emulsified Sugar Scrubs contain emulsifiers so when water is introduce to the scrub it creates a creamy consistency that feels a lot like lotion. This texture helps to allow the sugar to glide gently on your skin to prevent irritation.
Hibiscus Exfoliating Body Scrub Recipe Equals 100% Yields 8oz
Sweet Almond Oil 19% 1.52 oz (light oil)
Emulsify Wax 3% 0.24 oz (binds ingredients together, when water is introduce it gives a creamy consistency)
Stearic Acid 1% 0.08 oz (hardens, thickens & provides stabilization)
Shea Butter 13.25% 1.06 oz (Adds a silky feeling to prevent irritation)
Hibiscus Powder 0.625% 0.05 oz
Cool Down Phase
Germall Plus Preservative 1% 0.08 oz (once water or wet hands is introduced in the formula it is needed to prevent the growth of bacteria)
Organic Cane Sugar 61.5% 4.92 oz
Fragrance/Essential Oil 0.625% 0.05 oz
1. Begin by weighing out all your ingredients in separate containers to prevent confusion.
2. Combine Phase A in a Heat resistant container, use the double boiler method to safely melt all the ingredients while stirring.
3. Create an ice bath to cool ingredients while stirring so the mixture becomes a slurry or apple sauce looking consistency. You can follow up by using an immersion mixer if you have one to quickly whip the mixture so it becomes thicker.
4. Once the mixture has been thoroughly whipped and cooled its now time to add Phase B into Phase A. Add your preservative and fragrance or essential oil first, so it will be thoroughly combined before adding sugar.
5. Slowly add your sugar in between whipping, so the mixture becomes creamy and evenly combined.
6. After whipping allow the mixture to set and harden or until mixture is not runny.
7. You have now successfully created a whipped emulsified body scrub. Leave a comment on questions and if you have tried it let us know below.